Tuesday, March 29, 2016

CHICAGO 2016 Rebeca A. (1 BTX B )

CHICAGO 2k16

After counting the days to go to Chicago, I was excited. Since before summer started, I desired the arrival. I was really excited and I couldn't believe we were going to the US. We were finally there.



When we arrived, we spent the weekend with our host family, and since the first day I felt like a part of them. They were so friendly and nice to me!



The next few days we went downtown, and I fell in love with the city. Nice people and amazing buildings at every corner with its own charm… It was awesome! We also were so lucky with the weather.


The best day of the trip was when I spent the day at Niles West High School and went to some classes with Hailey. It surprised me a lot, the school and its atmosphere (classes, teachers, students...). It was like High School Musical!!! I could meet with very kind and nice people who could help me adapt and have fun in the classes. I could see a big difference between Spanish and American schools.


Another amazing day in the US was when we had a sleepover at Leah's house. I remember that after watching some movies, we left at 4 am to eat burritos in our pyjamas!!! After that, we went to sleep at 6 am! They were so crazy!

And what about the food? I ate all the typical American food and it was really good!!! Of course we tried the famous pizza of Chicago, called deep dish. Another restaurant we went to, that is only in America, was Buffalo Wild Wings. There, they sell wings that are very good. We got the “typical” wings with Honey Barbeque Sauce. We got a bottle for our trip back. 




The food was really good although not really healthy!



Talking about the awesome experience. It couldn’t be better because I spend the best 10 days of my life!!! Of course I could practise, learn and improve my English. Now I have an "American sister" and an "American family"! I lived an experience that will never forget. Those are the amazing parts of the exchange. You make lifelong friends. But the best is yet to come! BARCELONA 2k16!!!







REBECA ALDEA
1 BATX B



No comments:

Post a Comment