Thursday, March 10, 2016

IF I COULD CHANGE THE WORLD... Paula F. (2n BTX B)

IF I COULD CHANGE THE WORLD, I WOULD…

The world today has become a pile of problems such as global warming, hunger, wars, illnesses, animal extinction, overpopulation, pollution, etc. There are a lot of people who are aware of all these problems and the need of change. However, they seem to be a minority.

One of the major problems in the world is hunger. It is said that the major part of the population in undeveloped countries doesn’t have enough resources as food and drinkable water. This leads to another problem, illnesses people there are dying from. If I were a millionaire, I would be able to change that by donating funds to organizations which combat this issue. Unfortunately, I’m not so I could contribute by volunteering, making modest donations and trying to make other people aware.

Of almost equal importance is pollution. We have to be thoroughly careful with that, especially now that the ozone layer is getting thinner. As long as we continue polluting by using petrol, not recycling, throwing our waste into the ocean and so on, we won’t be able to change anything. We would make it worse. If every person reduced their footprint by recycling, consuming less, using public transport, etc., the world would be less damaged and it would be a cleaner place.

To sum up, if we had realised these problems before, now the world wouldn’t be as deteriorated as it is. I believe we have to be concerned and make our small contribution to make a change!
Paula Fornieles

2n Btx. B

1 comment:

  1. If I could change the world I'd definitely made people kinder. I understood that nowadays society is to angry and selfish.

    ReplyDelete