Tuesday, November 13, 2012

USA EXCHANGE. OUR EXPERIENCE. Anna A. (1r batx B)


I'm still recovering from what I experienced a few weeks ago. One of my greatest dreams came true and I think I  will never be able to describe how I felt second by second, the inside of me was a burst of energy and emotions that I could only express to the outside through smiles or tears of happiness, because I was short with words.
Not to forget what I’ve lived there or feeling, I wrote a diary, where I wrote almost daily. And here is a summary of what I lived for the longest time I've been sleeping, dreaming:

October 21, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)

Wow I just woke up and I cannot believe it! I am the happiest person in the world! I'm in America and I will be there for 12 days!
Yesterday was a great day. We went to Barcelona’s airport at 11am. I said goodbye with a bit of pain to my parents, my sister and my grandma, especially I was sad for my grandma because she lives alone and I do a lot of company to her every lunch!
I hope they’ll be well these days!

Around 3 o'clock in the afternoon we arrived in London! And there we came to Washington DC! We arrived there in our 2h in the morning, but I was awake, I had not slept since the night before but I did not want to sleep because I didn’t want to lose a second watching what I was living!

 Wow! The airport was! We spent all controls and after, there they were expecting us  with banners and Fiona gave my a balloon! When Fiona saw me she made me a hug with a smile! I think we were both feeling the same! Pure happiness! It was gorgeous! She presented me his mother, Francesca, also hugged me. She also introduced Maddie ( Laura’s student exchange) and some others that I do not remember because we went back home very fast. At first I was embarrassed in the car, but only a minute, because they were so friendly with me! I tried to speak the best I could, and I started to ask questions and explain a little of my life. And the house, the house is so beautiful! It’s not the greatest but I loved it! I felt very comfortable, as my home! It is all decorated for Halloween! There I met my host father, Jesse, and my American brother, Patrick. I also met the grandmother, who lives in the basement, and she was very nice too! She speaks Spanish and all! Because she was reporter and she’d lived many years in South America!

They said to me that we will go to New York Sunday!!!!!! This is too much! Two dreams come less than two weeks!? I think that I won’t be able to assimilate all that. I only stay here one night and everything is even better than I expected, and my expectations were not bad! Gosh I do not want to wake up from this dream!

Today we have the BBQ! We will see what happens!
By the moment, I give to this day an A++++!!!




October 22, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)

The BBQ (yesterday) was amazing! We all know and now I well remember the names! It was very funny because I think all Americans are like their students! Especially Laura and Maddie, I find that they are very similar! 



Today, we’ve gone to school. Our Lady of Good counsel is incredible! I love it! But at first it has been very embarrassing entering at the school, because they all wear uniforms and we have not worn it, so people looked at us weird! Fiona has brought me the box office, as it is the junior is on the second floor and we had to cross I do not know how many corridors and stairs! I was dead embarrassed! There I was introduced to many people, and I cannot remember anyone! Too much information! What I do remember is that everyone is lovely, very polite and they have fun if we say something in Catalan! Some people on the corridors have said Hello to us in Spanish! It was amazing, very funny! We did a tour of the school and we lost! But we found ourselves because teachers helped us a lot.


The room of lunch is awesome! It has a buffet! Corner of salads, chicken corner, the corner of pasta ... Incredible! And besides, all delicious!

After lunch, we went to class psychology and Fiona had a quiz. In the class of environmental, the people were crazy! They ate, listened to music, they drunk Pepsi, and they went to the bathroom when they wanted and they come back after a long time! In addition, they removed their shoes! I was surprised! I thought they were tougher in America, and they are not! I love how they speak! I hope to talk like them someday!
When I get home I have had a Skype with my family and we were very happy to see each other!
And finally we have a ceremony for students with the greatest marks and Fiona was one of them. Outside the gym, there was food, many cookies and Oreos! We joined them after Fiona's rehearsal on theater and I went to dinner with my host mom at M.C. Donald’s!! We have been talking the whole time quietly! She is very friendly and treats me like her daughter! I love this place! 

A 10 day!

October 24, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)







Yesterday we went to the Great Falls and it was a very nice place, it was so quiet and calm and I loved it! But I prefer staying in the school! Because I enjoy the way that they work in class! It’s very dynamic!

 Well today we’ve gone to the Mall and it was so stressful! We haven’t got enough time! And after we’ve gone to the Union Station, but I haven’t bought anything! Everybody has come back with a lot of clothes and presents, but I haven’t found anything! Maybe because I like saving up money!
In the afternoon I’ve seen Fiona at the POMS! It’s a group of girls that dance at the half time of the games of football! They are awesome!!!!! I was astonished!!!


And just right now, we arrive from another mall, where we have eaten a piece of pizza! Delicious! Another 10 day!!! 



October 25, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)

Today... WASHINGTON D.C!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited because one of my favorite TV show is recorded here in Washington! So I wanted to see all what I’d seen on the TV before!! Oh my God! I don’t know what to write! I don’t have any words! I’ve liked Washington so much! We’ve been in two museums!


I loved the first one that was the museum of the air and space!! (When I was a child I wanted to be an astronaut and I used to read a lot of books about this topic se I’ve loved the museum! It’s been so interesting for me!). 






In the afternoon I’ve gone with Laura, Maddie and the father of Maddie, to buy pumpkins!! It’s been so funny! I’ve been so scared to catch one because there a lot of insects around the pumpkins!!! And I hate insects! Well, I don’t hate them; I’m so terrified of them!!! So the woman that was selling the pumpkins, has given me a plastic bag, I suppose because she’s seen my scared face!! 







Anyways I liked the place!
I’m in a movie! I feel like I’m the character of a teenage movie! Like high school Musical (without singing all the time!) or any TV shows of American teenagers!!
Good night!! Another 10 day!!!!! I don’t want to go to sleep because I think that if I go to bed I will lose time!! And I don’t want the end of this dream!






 October 26, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)


Today is Friday and everyone has been so happy! We’ve gone to the school! And in the evening… We have just gone to the field of screams! It was so exciting! We have walked through a wood, and a volunteer people of Maryland have been hiding behind the trees or houses and they’ve scared us! Mariona and I have been at the end of the group because we don’t get scared easily, so we’ve let Laura and Núria to stay in the middle. Laura was crying before to enter! At the end they recognized that it wasn’t too scary.

We laugh a lot and we have a lot of fun! 








October 27, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)

Today we are going to go to the TEEN ANGEL PROJECT! My host mum, Francesca, this June had the idea of make different groups of teenagers that wanted to perform, and sing, dance… for poor or ill people! I think that it’s a wonderful idea! Bye, I’m leaving!
The rehearsal was excellent! I record some songs because I was so impressed! My God their voices are incredible! I want to sing like them!!!
In the afternoon I went with Francesca, Patrick and Jesse to Kevin’s party, the uncle of Fiona, Jesse’s brother. It was an Irish party! Fiona could not come because they had to act for the night at halftime of the football game, so I was nervous! But in the end it wasn’t bad! The whole family is adorable! They treated me so well, they asked, and spoke a little bit in Spanish and it was hilarious!



After we went to the game! I Love football but I didn’t understand at all the way that they play their football. There were a lot of players at the outline! It was so exciting to be on an American football game! And Fiona performed with their group at the half time, and they were absolutely wonderful











Another perfect day! Today I want to sleep because tomorrow I’m going to go to NEW YORK! But I think that I won’t be able to sleep because I’m so nervous, I can’t believe what is going to happen tomorrow. Good night!

October 28, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)

Start spreading the news
I am leaving today 
I want to be a part of it
NEW YORK, NEEEWWW YOOOORK!!!! (Frank Sinatra)
Today is a day that I’ve been expecting for a lot of years of my life! I’m going to tell you later how it was!
…………
I don’t know with what start!!!
For the beginning! We get the bus at 7 am! We stayed there for 4 hours but I couldn’t sleep!! On the bus was Wi-Fi so I phone my parents with Skype when we were arriving in New York, because I wanted to be with them the first time that I was there. And when I saw the Empire State and the Chrysler from the window I started to cry! I couldn’t stop, I was shaking! (I’m crying again now writing this!) And my parents were calming me! But they were so happy to see that I was so delighted! I tried to talk with them but I couldn’t, I only could watch through the window the wonderful city.

                                     

When we entered to the city it was too much for me! (Oh I’m so sensible! But I can’t do anything! If I’m excited I cry!) I said goodbye to my parents and we went out the bus. 

My legs were shaking and I could hardly breathe! Francesca and Fiona hugged me a lot of times but I couldn't believe my eyes! It was a very nice dream. We took a lot of photos! We saw the Statue of Liberty, Zero Zone, Empire State, and we spent the most time in Times Square! I was in a movie! When we arrived there I started to cry again and I could only say thanks to Francesca and Fiona, I was so grateful! They were so happy to see that I was astonished with all!




We went to dinner in a restaurant where the waiters sung live while they were serving food! And we had to left New York early because they were scared of the Hurricane Sandy.

We had a good return travel and I went to sleep after I told my parents all what I felt during the day!
There isn't a large enough number to qualify the day of today, the wonderful day!







October 31, 2012                                          30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)




Today is Halloween! We are going to go to a party in the evening and to do trick or treat with all the exchange students! I’m sure it will be amazing!


I wasn’t wrong this morning!! We were all so excited today! And we have had a lot of fun in the party and tricking or treating! I’ve eaten a lot in the party! Hamburger, cupcakes, cucumber, French fries, kit Kat, M&ms…!!!!!!  And we met people of Our Good Counsel! They were so friendly! And they aren’t shy!!




November 1, 2012                                        30 Thomas DR, Silver Spring (MD)

The last day was the saddest!! In the airport we were all very sensitive! And we all cried when we said goodbye to each other with hugs! I think that we’ve met great friends there!
I miss my host family a lot! And the dog Reilly! The most beautiful and sweet dog I've ever known! I love them and they will always be in my heart because they are very good people!!  For 13 days they made ​​me feel like one more of their adorable family! I can’t wait to see them!!!!
I can only say Thank you to them, for helping me to fulfill my dreams, for accepting me in their house, for give me the chance to meet them and for let me be part of this sweet family.
Thank you for all! 






ANNA ARBIOL
1r BATX B






No comments:

Post a Comment