Thursday, November 15, 2012

USA EXCHANGE. OUR EXPERIENCE. Anna P. (1r batx B)


MY EXPERIENCE IN MARYLAND

How can we explain all lived in America? There are no words. 12 days without stop doing things, living new experiences, being with people with different custom... unexplained moments.

The first day was already absolutely amazing, a whole day in one of the most beautiful places with my best friend and our two exchange students, with whom we went to Georgetown to eat cupcakes and have lunch next to the river, while we were having fun and talking about Spanish and American life. 

Then we went to the barbecue to Julia’s house, where we met all the other girls and danced and laughed together. It was one of the greatest moments.


When we went to school was very funny because the people are very open and immediately they talk and have fun with you, so I was going through the halls and people began talking. The people are very nice. I feel a very big difference between classes. There, the classes are so fun and there aren't many rules.


The Sunday that began the hurricane Sandy, we went to New York, it was one of the best days. We all wanted to go so the girls agreed to go together. There were girls for whom going to New York was a dream. I really wanted but it was not something essential for me, but when I had to raise my head to see the skyscrapers, I realized where I really was. I was in America, in New York.


One day before Halloween, one of American customs, we went to get pumpkins to be cut away. I was very nervous because I had never cut a pumpkin and I thought it would be very bad and it doesn't understand anything in the drawing, but between Maggie and her sister Blair helped me make it and we had a really good time together. That night we roast pipes and watched a movie together with his younger brother that is four years and I fell asleep of tiredness.



Between all these experiences, we also went to see a football game. we were all together enjoying the typical things we see in a movie: the famous mascot team dancing to the music played by the school band, the cheerleaders ... we laughed a lot because we did not think it was really like when we see it in the TV.

I would not stop explaining things because everything was fascinating. In general it has been one of the best experiences and possibly the only chance I'll have to go to America so I have enjoyed the most and I hope to come back  because I have done future plans as searching a job ... with Maggie, my new American sister.


ANNA PÉREZ
1r BATX B


No comments:

Post a Comment