Saturday, November 10, 2012

USA EXCHANGE. OUR EXPERIENCE. Núria J. (1r batx A)


MY EXPERIENCE IN THE UNITED STATES

 These 12 days in the United States have been one of the most wonderful experiences that I've never had.

When we arrived there the first day, we were all so excited and nervous to meet our families. My family there, was Carolyn (mom), George (dad), Ryan (12 years old son), Rachel (18 years old daughter, I couldn't meet her because she was at university), and Julia (my exchange student).


The next day, I went to a mall with Julia, Anna Portella and Vanessa (her exchange student). In the afternoon, we had a barbecue at our home where all the exchange student and their families came.

On Monday, we went to school and we had breakfast there. During the 1st and 2nd period, we were visiting the school, and during the 3rd and 4th period, we went to the classes with our exchange student. In the afternoon I went to a soccer game of Julia's team.

On Tuesday, we went to Great Falls. It's such a beautiful park with waterfalls. We were walking around there and taking pictures.

On Wednesday, we went to Pentagon City Mall and to the Union Station, and we went shopping around there.

On Thursday, we went to Washington DC and we visited de Smithsonian museum and the natural science museum. We saw the Washington's monument, the White House, and the Capitol.



On Friday, we stayed at school doing classes. I went to Religion, Physics, Spanish and Government class. The Spanish class was so funny. The teacher started to sing and he started to play the guitar too. Then he had like a monkey puppets, and three students started to move them behind the teacher, and they all were singing songs. It was so funny. I was with Lluís in that class, and we were laughing so much, we asked the teacher if we could take photos and record it, and he allowed us to do that. It was one of the funniest classes I've ever been to.
At night, we went to Field Screams. It's scaring. You have to walk following a route, and then people scare you.

On Saturday, each of us stayed with his family. My family and I did the pumpkin's carving. At first, I thought it was disgusting, but at final I obtained my Halloween Pumpkin.
At evening, we went to the Good Counsel's football game. It was really good, and we won 32-0!!

On Sunday, some of us went to New York. It was one of my dreams to go there. This city is amazing, it's so beautiful with so many thing to visit. I went with the mom of my family and Julia by train, and we arrived one hour before the other people because they came by bus. So we took a taxi and we told to the taxi driver that I'd never been to New York and we had only 45 minutes until the other people arrived, and the taxi driver (a very nice man), drove us for New York showing us some of the most emblematic things. In the evening my mom there, Julia and I had to come back earlier than the other girls because our train was cancelled due of the hurricane and we had to take a bus that left New York at 6pm.


On Monday, Sandy's hurricane arrived and the classes were cancelled. My family and I went to have lunch in a Japanese restaurant, and then we spent the rest of the day at home, except when we went to have dinner at the house in front of our house.

On Tuesday, the classes still cancelled, so I went with my family to a mall, and then we spent the rest of the day at home.

On Wednesday, we went to the Baltimore's Aquarium. Everybody loved the aquarium. After that, we went home and Anna Portella, Lluís and a Julia's friend came to our house and we got ready there to go to a Halloween party. A lot of people from the exchange were in that party, and we went treat or tricking too. The party wasn't an official party, so it wasn't like at films.

On Thursday, we went to school and we took classes there. Everybody (we too) was so sad because we were leaving that day. After school, I went home and I finished to pack all my stuff. Then we went to have a goodbye dinner at school and then we went to the airport. The moment to say goodbye arrived and we all were crying. The dad of my family couldn't come to say goodbye because he had a conference, but we said goodbye on the morning. The mom, the son and Julia came with me to the airport and I started crying when we were saying goodbye, it was a pretty sad moment.

I love my family there, and I hope we will see each other again very soon. The time that I spend there, was so great, and I know I'll never forget it, and I'll never forget the people I met in this trip.

NÚRIA JULIÀ
1r BATX A


No comments:

Post a Comment