Wednesday, November 14, 2012

USA EXCHANGE. OUR EXPERIENCE. Laura M. (1r batx B)


OUR DREAM HAS COME TRUE

All started at 20th October when we arrived at the airport.

We took the plane to London. During this flight I was thinking the first thing I would say when I arrived Dulles. Finally we arrived in London and we took the other plane to USA!! In this flight I saw some films, none of them complete. It made me very long because I couldn’t wait the moment that I arrived



Finally we left the plane and we were in USA! I couldn’t believe it, but it was true, we were in America! We passed the security and we were waiting for the baggage and altogether opened the door and started walking to our hosts. When I saw them I had goosebumps. I met Maddie and her mother Karen. We went to their house with Paula and her host Marie and her father. When we arrived I met her family: her father Curtis and her brother Brian and her sister Allie.

On Sunday we woke up at 10am, we had breakfast and we went to the mass. After that we came home and we prepared for the barbecue at Julia’s house.

Monday was the first day of classes. The school (Our Lady of Good Counsel High School) was enormous! It has three floors with long corridors. First, we did a game that consisted of a paper to follow some instructions and find some different places of the school. Then I went to the theatre and environmental classes. When we had finished them we went to the café which is like in the movies and after I went to some other classes. After the school we went to home and we did some homework. When she finished them she showed me her yearbook and she told me that some of the students of their school had been to the Olympics.

On Tuesday we woke up at the same hour and we went to the school. There I went with Anna and her host Fiona to the Spanish class. Five minutes before we finished the class the teacher said to Anna and me that we needed to go to the main office. There we met with the other exchange students and after our hosts went there to. 

We took the bus and we went to Great Falls. First we went to the part of Virginia and we were walking for some time. Then we took the bus and other time and we went to the part of Great Falls that were in Maryland. When we arrived we had lunch and while we were having lunch some bees appeared and it was so funny because some of us were scared. And we had finished the lunch we were walking and we came back to the bus and we went to the school. That afternoon we went to our house with Anna and we were talking until Fiona came. After we had had dinner we did some pop corn and we saw pretty, little liars.


On Wednesday we woke up an hour later because they started at 9. We went to the school where we took the bus and we went to the subway. We went to the Pentagon City Mall and after to the Union Square. We returned to the school. When they had finished their classes Maddie and I went home. That evening for dinner we went to Mamma Lucia which it is a fantastic Italian restaurant. I ate a pizza, but it was so big so we took it for home.







On Thursday we went to Washington DC with some hosts where we saw the Smithsonian, to the “Museum of Natural History”. We saw the Washington Monument and the White House too. We returned to the school and then we went home. After a short time we went to the costume shop and I took my costume.












On Friday we had classes too. On the afternoon I went with Maddie and Anna to take the pumpkins.










After we went to the field of screams! It was so excited! We had to walk through the forest while some people of Maryland had been hiding behind the trees and they frightened us and we had to go into houses of horror too during the walking. When we had finished we sat around the fire and we were talking until we had to go home. 
















On Saturday I went with my family to the mass and after I went with Maddie and her mother to the mall. On the afternoon we went to the school to see the match. It was so cool.




On Sunday we went to New York! I couldn’t believe my eyes, we were there! Another dream came true. We were walking on the streets of this wonderful city. We visited the monument of 9/11 and I bought the presents to my family. It was a fantastic day!



On Monday and Tuesday I stayed at home because there was the hurricane Sandy. We saw that it was raining and was blowing very hard. On Monday I had dinner with my host family. Then I played a game with Maddie and her sister Allie. Finally I was watching a movie with them and we went to bed. On Tuesday I cut my pumpkin with all the family for Halloween.



On Wednesday we went to the Aquarium of Baltimore and in the afternoon… Guess what! We went to a Halloween party! We went “Trick or treating”. On the evening I did my baggage and I was very sad thinking about my return to Barcelona.


On Thursday we did more classes and we returned home. I said goodbye to Brian and Allie. We went to the school and we had dinner all the exchanged students and our hosts. They put a video with some photos of the trip and most of us cried. After that we wrote our experience and what we thought. I said goodbye to Maddie’s mother.
We went to the airport and I said goodbye to Maddie’s father. There we were waiting a short time and we had to say goodbye to our hosts. I was heartbroken to leave Maryland but I couldn’t cry (I don’t know why). When I didn’t see her, I burst into tears. We took the plane and we came here.


Now, I’m waiting the day that they come here and I hope  their visit is as special as  mine was.


LAURA MARSAL
1r BATX B





No comments:

Post a Comment