Wednesday, November 14, 2012

USA EXCHANGE. OUR EXPERIENCE. Anna P. (1r batx A)


FOREIGN EXCHANGE

Three weeks ago I did a students exchange  in USA. It was like a dream for me because I had never imagined that I would go to America. I always had wanted to go to USA and finally it completed.

When I arrived I met my exchange student, Vanessa. Vanessa is like me, but with different figure. Both do the same gestures, we finish to eat at the same time and she likes the same like me: musical theatre and dance. It was amazing when I met. I couldn’t believe that we were very similar!

The first day I was so tired because I had jet lag, but it didn’t matter because I was in Maryland and I couldn’t lose any time. So on sunday I went to Virginia’s Mall with Nuria and her girl, Julia. We ate a burito, but it was so spicy so I couldn’t finish it. Nuria and Julia were laughing a lot because I was crying. It was an horror experience. Later we went to Julia’s house because all the exchange students had a barbaque and it was so funny because we could know the other American students. On Sunday I started the school and the classes were so different: they could go without shoes for the class, they could stand up when they wanted, they could drink water in class and other things. In the afternoon Vanessa had a ceremony of the students that have a high qualifications and it was awesome. The rest of the week I went to school and I did a few of excursions. I have seen great falls, it’s natural park and there is the Potomac river and it is wonderful; I have been to Washington DC and I had visited the Smithoshian museums: the air and space museums and the sciences museum, and the Wasinghton monument. I have seen the union station too.

Every evening I went to musical theatre because Vanessa did it. I was fascinated because they did very well. The musical was about a radio program and they sung songs and danced tap. I wanted to do it but I couldn’t.

The best day trip was on Sunday. I went to New York City, it was unbelievable. I got up at 4.30 am and I took the bus at 7 am in Bethestta. The drive to NY was long (4 hours on the bus), but I could sleep. When I saw the city for the first time I started to cry because I couldn't believe that I was there. It was like a dream for me. I had a feeling as if I was in a movie. First, we bought hot chocolate because it was really really cold and then we took the subway and we went to see the statue of Liberty. Later we could see the memorial of the twin tours. It was really sad because there, in the ground zero, were the names of people that died. We ate a sicilian pizza, it was so good. And finally, Times Square and Broadway! I don't have words to describe my feelings at that moment. And last but not least, we had lunch in a Broadway restaurant: Stardust. I was excited because the restaurant had a 50's theme and there were people singing. We were very tired because we had been walking all day so when we took the bus home all started to sleep. It was an amazing and fantastic day!

The sad moment was the last day because I didn’t want to leave. I was crying all the time.

Now I feel that I have found I friend for all my life and I feel too that Vanessa is the sister that I will never have.
                                                                                                        

ANNA PORTELLA MARTIN
1r BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment