Wednesday, November 7, 2012

USA EXCHANGE. OUR EXPERIENCE. Paula S. (1r batx A)



MY EXPERIENCE IN THE STATES


Saturday, 20th October 2012
Olney, Maryland.

I have just arrived at my host home. I’m so tired because we have a long travel to Washington. We have gone at the first plane in the morning at Barcelona, we have gone to London and then to Washington. In the plane we have made a lot of funny photos, we have read, saw a film, listened to music… When we have arrived at Dulles airport all the host families are there waiting for us. Some of them have posters of welcome. My American girl, Stephanie has given to me some beautiful flowers. Then we have gone to the house with father’s car and when I have arrived there, the mother was waiting for me. Now, I stay in my room. Yes, I have one room only for me, it’s amazing!



Monday, 22nd October 2012
Olney, Maryland

Today we have gone to the school. It was our first day in Good Counsel High School. At the morning I have been very nervous because all the new people of the school were looking to us. In the morning we have had one breakfast in the dinning room and then we have made a tour of all the school with Ms. Fess. After that, we have gone into the school alone and we have to write in one paper some questions of the school. It was very funny because we get lose! Then we have made some of the classes and all the teachers and all the students were very friendly with us. Everybody said to us our welcome. I was amazed because here, in our school I think that the students aren’t going to say their welcome when they arrived at Barcelona. It’s a different culture, but I like it! I prefer friendly people.

Wednesday, 24th October 2012
Olney, Maryland

Shopping, shopping and more shopping! That word summarizes our day. In the morning our host students have left us at the main office with all the other exchange students. Then we have gone into the bus (it was one yellow bus, like in the films, all of here it’s like the films, amazing!) and then we have gone into the metro to the pentagon city. There we have made our first shopping: we have bought souvenirs and some other things. Then we have time to lunch at the pentagon mall and I have eaten a pizza. After the pentagon mall we have gone to the Union Station. I liked a lot this place because when I have seen the station I remember some of the movies that that station appears. It was one station with a lot of shops mainly of souvenirs. In the afternoon we have gone with our host families. In my case, Cristina and Kirby have come to Stephanie’s house to watch one special episode of one of their favorite shows. We have eaten popcorns and we have passed a really good time together!


Sunday, 27th October 2012
Olney, Maryland

Today it was a fantastic day! I got up late and I breakfast with all the calm. My host mum has prepared eggs with bacon and some cupcakes. We have lunch in one Texas typical restaurant. We eat some meat at the barbeque and it was delicious. In the afternoon, we have stayed in house but we have prepared all the things for the American football match. We have gone to the school at 7 o’clock because it was the match; the falcons (the school team) have played. And I have been amazed when I saw that they won 30-0. It was one match like the matches of the films. There were: cheerleaders, the falcon pet and of course, the music band! It was totally American.



Wednesday, 31st October 2012
Olney, Maryland

Halloween night, night of screams, costumes and trick or treat. It was a really good night. In the morning we have gone to the aquarium with some of our host students. We have gone today because the last two days it was a hurricane and we didn’t go to school. The night of the hurricane I was frightened because it was my first hurricane and I have never heard as rain and wind like that night, it was terrible! 

But now, I’m well I survived one hurricane! So, we have gone to the aquarium to saw the different types of fish, frogs, turtles and some more animals. At there, we have seen a 4D film that it was a little scared and we have screamed sometimes in the middle of the film but it was funny too! In my opinion, I prefer the Barcelona aquarium but I don’t dislike that one. 

When we have arrived at home we have to prepare our Halloween costumes. I have worn a prices costume and Stephanie was a cat woman! When we finished, we have gone downstairs with all the family and we have wait for child. When the door sounds I was very nervous because I never give candies to the child and it was my first time. The children were so lovely and they were beautiful costumes. After give some candies we have gone to do trick or treat too! Because we where in America and there, it’s typical make this. When we came back home my host mum have given to me some more candies.


I think that today, it was a perfect day! But I’m very sad too because tomorrow we leave here and I would like to stay here for more weeks. It was a really good experience. Thanks Good Counsel!

PAULA SOBRINO ARA
1r BATX A









No comments:

Post a Comment