Tuesday, November 13, 2012

USA EXCHANGE. OUR EXPERIENCE. Paula A. (1r batx B)


USA

Our dream started on the 20th of October.

I wasn’t nervous to get the flight and to go to USA until I was in the airport. When I saw all my friends, the teachers and all the parents I could believe that the trip was starting.

The two flights were long. But we I had a good time with Anna Perez watching films, dancing (and singing very quietly)

All the American students were waiting for us in the airport with balloons, posters and a lot of cameras. The most exciting moment of the trip was when I hugged Cassidy after 2 months waiting for see her.

We went home and there I met the rest of the family. My host father name was Larry, and he was a Chef. My host mum worked in DC as a countable. They had two daughters, Kate and Cassidy. Kate was 19 and she was studying at the college of Maryland to be a teacher. And finally, Cassidy was my exchange student. She loves sports and music, as me. And we all together spend really good and funny days.


The first day we played the Treasure Hunt around the school. It was HUGE!!! And all the students and teachers were so friendly with us.

                            

During the first week we visited DC, some malls, we went to the pumpkin picking and some days to some classes in the school.

                                              

The classes here were 1 hour and a half long. But they were very dynamic, so the time flew!
On Saturday Cass and me went to the mall and I bought all the presents for my family. In the afternoon was the Championship game!!! Cassidy plays Field Hockey and for American people sports are veeery important. She had practices every day, and her team mates were so nice. So we went to the college, if they won they would be the best team of the state!
But they lost… Cassidy was so sad!

During the rest of the weekend my family was cooking a lot of meals, buying generators and energies because… SANDY WAS COMING!!!
We couldn’t go to NYC, as a lot of my mates, could.
So we spend some days at home (we didn’t have school on Monday and Tuesday) decorating pumpkins, playing Twister, watching films…

But Sandy wasn’t close to Maryland, and on Tuesday we could go shopping!
On Wednesday we went to the Aquarium from Baltimore, and in the night was Halloween!!! We went to a party with our costumes and we go “Trick or treating” around the neighborhood.

Finally, on Tuesday we spent our last day at the school. It was a sad day, because we had to pack and then we had to go to a dinner at the school all together.
At the airport tears appeared, and we said goodbye to our families!



I’m still in contact with my family by Facebook, and we’ll do a Skype calling someday. The other part of the huge experience has to start.
My family, friends and I are looking forward to Cassidy in Barcelona.

PAULA ALDEA
1r BATX B
  

No comments:

Post a Comment