Wednesday, October 22, 2014

GAME OVER. David A. (1 BATX B)

GAME OVER- WHAT I THINK ABOUT

It is universally known “Institut Guttmann” is a leading hospital in the medical treatment, surgery and full rehabilitation of patients with spinal cord injury, acquired brain damage or any other neurological disability.

Firstly, before starting, I’d like to give all my support and courage to these people that have suffered an accident and now are fighting to overcome their problem.

To be honest, my first impression when I saw that guy was… Oh dear! Poor man, nobody should ever have to sit on a wheelchair. I felt so bad indeed; I have already known to a certain extend what I’d hear in that talk, a guy with some disabilities, but I couldn’t imagine until I saw him that I was completely mistaken. That guy was "normal", I mean… He didn’t have any problem to talk to us, gesticulate while he was explaining some experiences even using the computer! There is no denying that he had some limitations, of course, for instance, writing properly, or going alone anywhere, but otherwise he was such a lovely dude with family, friends, girlfriend… As far as I’m concerned, I admire him so much, the effort he has done to get over his accident, physically as well as mentally, because this is not only safe yourself or at least try it, it’s deal your situation: You’re in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, and you can’t change it, we hope science finds a treatment or a way to improve the quality of life of those people that nowadays are in this situation.

I’ve been talking to my parents about that topic, and they have explained the same, and they have reason for once, driving under the effects of alcohol, or drugs it’s a danger for you and for the other people who are on the road. You must control yourself when you are going to drive and you have drunk even more if it’s dark.

To my mind, it was a success to invite Ángel to explain us his experience and the risk of driving drunk. Now we are more mature about that topic!



David Almécija
1 BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment