Friday, April 19, 2013

AN INSPIRATIONAL PERSON Clara M. (2n batx B)


An inspirational person

A person who I admire is Margaux. She was born in Burriana, Valencia, in June 1985, where she spent her childhood. I met her playing squash. She was the Spanish team selector for women and she organized a young concentration to select the best girls for playing in European Championships. That’s when I met her. We stayed there for a week.

Why do I admire Margaux? I like Margaux because she’s an all-in-all woman. I mean, I would like to be similar to her when I grow up. She plays squash very well, as a teenager she won some European Championships and she still wins lots of championships. But she also had time for studying two degrees in Madrid and getting married. She announced her wedding with me and the other girls who were in the squash concentration. Soon afterwards, they had a lovely baby girl called Alegría and I discovered she has a blog. And she continues playing squash. I want to be able to do such a lot of things at the same time and do all of them as good as she does!

She studied journalism and protocol, now she lives in London. That’s the reason her blog is called Between Padington and Lancaster Gate. 
I also like her because she has time for being fashion, for going out with her friends, etc. I mean, for me, she’s a woman that has been able to introduce into a men world such as squash and find her place being herself, just as fashion, cute and girly as she is. Some women do it acting like men, or others don’t even try it. I think it’s important for making women respected in the world. Sure there are lots of women in the world that do even more things than Margaux, but she’s only a near example. So, I admire women like Margaux. Like Elizabeth Bennet. Like Harriet Taylor. Juana de Arco, Marie Curie, Teresa de Calcuta, Evita Perón…

CLARA MARTÍNEZ ARCAS
2n batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment