Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ITALIA 2013 Clara M. (2n batx B)



Italy 2013

What to say? I have no enough adjectives to describe this travel. I’m going to tell you the non-official part of it. It starts with the enormous amount of cushions and the leggings and sports trousers we were all wearing on Friday afternoon to leave Barcelona. Fifteen hours in a bus are a lot of hours and we all forgot about fashion and it was quite funny to see how we looked. But thanks God I was wearing leggings because those seats were the most uncomfortable ones I’ve ever sat on. We started taking photos, listening to music. At three o’clock we were all crazy for sleeping but there were a few ones awake who didn’t stay silence. I remember being not able to sleep because I was hearing jokes about basque people. Yes, it sounds strange, but it really was that way. 

Early in the morning we arrived to Pisa. We took –of course- the obligatory pictures with the tower, but we also took pictures in that position but in which you cannot see the tower, which is really funny! We continued our road to Lucca and in that beautiful village we had pizzas for lunch for 5€. Out first Italian pizza was a Margueritta absolutely stunning. After a while sunbathing on the floor of a square we found the perfect clothes shop. I went crazy for everything they had, but as it was our first day in Italy I didn’t want to spend all my money! So I asked the shop assistant and she told me they had another shop in Firenze. With the direction of the shop written in a piece of paper, we took the bus again and finally arrived to Firenze.


In Firenze all the streets are lovely. We were really cold, because it rained a lot. I found my beloved shop of Lucca in Firenze but as it was Sunday I thought I wouldn’t be able to go in it. Lucky me, they opened on Sunday afternoon so, under a terrible rain, the girls, our boy and me managed to get there. I got a lovely bracelet with the infinity sign which I will keep as a treasure. We also helped with occupying Ponte Vecchio with padlocks and we threw the keys to the Arno.


I really liked visiting San Gimignano, although it was raining. All the umbrellas broke, but as I forgot mine in Barcelona, it didn’t have any pain. We walked around and found a part full of trees and vegetation which the rain made precious. La Toscana must be beautiful with sun, but wet it has also its charm. Later that day, la Piazza del Campo of Siena presented itself in front of us completely wet and dark, but amazing. We visited the museum of Torture and the girl who was attending in the entrance told us some stories. She said she once closed the museum and forgot one couple inside of it. It had to be completely terrifying! That night, when we returned to Firenze, we visited the viewer of Michelangelo.

Those nights in Firenze hotel were quite funny, because we were always trying to go to our friends’ bedrooms and when the teachers found us outside our room they made us pay 1€. I laughed a lot with the strange situations in which we had to pay Euros. At the end of the travel we found the person who had paid more Euros was the one who seemed more pacific. Really funny!


Padua was really beautiful. I tried not to jump over chains in the street because a friend told me that if a student does it, they won’t graduate. The Capille Scrovegni really amazed me, it was such a fantastic place, very special. On the other hand, Venice disappointed me. I think I had idealized it with movies and photos and I found it very commercial. But it’s very beautiful. Burano and Murano made me fall in love. The nights in Venice were funny. One night we went to a disco were we had a lot of fun, even Emili danced with us! And out last night in Italy we spent it playing the guitar and singing with some boys and girls we met in the hotel, who were also traveling with the school. They were from Badajoz.

Leaving Venice was sad. In the moment we left the hotel we had two long days in front of us, first, visiting Verona and Milan and, then, returning to Barcelona sleeping in the bus. In Verona we all had lunch in a McDonald’s. We were sick of pasta and pizza. Milan was the time for buying the last souvenirs. I luckily found a key chain of AC Milan for my brother and we spent some time shopping with the girls. You can’t go to Milan and don’t go shopping. We went shop-window at la Galeria Vittorio Emmanuele II. It was fantastic. I loved everything I saw.

Returning to Barcelona was so sad! But I have the feeling the travel hasn’t finished yet when I look at the hundreds of photos we took there. Unrepeatable.

Clara Martínez Arcas
2n Batxillerat B

No comments:

Post a Comment