Monday, April 29, 2013

MY FAVOURITE US TV SERIES. Clara M. (2n batx B)


Series recommendation

American TV series are the best. I’m in love with lots of the series there are in the US series map we saw in class, but as I’ve to recommend only two, I’ll try to be original and select the best ones, also I’ll talk about two series which aren’t finished yet, so nobody knows what happens at the end! I’ve seen Gossip Girl, The OC, 24h, Modern Family, How I met your mother, The Big Bang Theory, CSI, The closer, Private Practice, Two and a half men, Jericho, Dexter, Criminal Minds, House, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, Gilmore Girls and Fringe. I have to say that, of these, the only one I’ve seen complete is The OC. But I’m not going to talk about any of those. I’ll tell you the greatness of Grey’s Anatomy and Mad Men, two drama series.

Grey’s Anatomy has been my favorite TV series for more than 6 years. Its first episode was emitted in 2005 and it has nine seasons, and it hasn’t finished yet! This series is about the life of Meredith Grey, a girl who starts her medical residence in Seattle Grace Hospital, for finally becoming a graduate doctor. But it’s not only about Meredith. In the Seattle Grace we are told the stories of her colleagues, her superiors and bosses. Each episode is about medical cases, people who have illnesses, people who have been injured… but it is not just as House. In Grey’s Anatomy the most important of the series is the life of the characters and the relationships between them. Meredith knows the love of her life. They have to get over accidents, love affairs, death, work problems, some are sacked. And I like all of this because it has a lot of humor. Even in season I think it was eight or nine there was an episode which was a musical and all the characters sung through the story. Another point I like about this series is that the name of every episode is the name of a song, and at the end of the season they do a CD with all these songs, which normally are by not known groups that have an opportunity. The Fray and Snow Patrol are two of the music groups that have become popular thanks to Grey’s Anatomy. So I’d strongly recommend it.

On the other hand we have a completely different show. I started watching Mad Men last summer as it’s been very famous and has had a lot of prices. It’s set in the sixties and it tells the story of Don Draper, a publicist in New York who is a very charismatic person. On one side we see him at work, where he’s a very good and important publicist, and has a perfect lovely wife and two children. On another side we see he’s got lovers and we slowly discover he’s got a mysterious past. He’s not really who he’s pretending to be. I haven’t seen many episodes but it seems a very interesting story. Don Draper is a man who results to have lots of faces, the people who know him think that they really know him, but nobody really does. Mad Men has been given prices because it’s accurate sixties ambient, decoration and clothes. It has also a good plot. So, this would be my second recommendation. 

Clara Martínez
2n Batxillerat B

No comments:

Post a Comment