Thursday, October 11, 2012

A FRIGHTENING EXPERIENCE. Laura T. (2n batx A)


It was a hot August afternoon. I was on vacation and my mum was working these days. She works as a nurse in a little ambulatory close to Barcelona. Although it is a small neighbourhood there are always conflicts due to the poor quality of life of people. But my mother is happy with her job and I’m sure she would never change it for another one. 

Well after dressing we caught the bus to the ambulatory. I hadn’t been lived this experience yet. But I had the sensation that it had to be fun, share with your mum and enjoy together helping people.

At first all went well my mother pricked the patients while I was writing down the important things she was doing. After she had to do a cardiogram... and in this moments I felt so proud of my mum and I wanted tod the same job, just help people. 

But suddenly the calm ended. A boy came running into the building he seemed tired but nobody was fixed on him. One second after he pulled a knife and began to cut his wrists saying: I’m going to kill myself . He was absolutely crazy and the first thing we did was lock him alone in a room because he could have pointed a person with the knife and it was terrifying. So the ambulances were coming and we were all excited and frightened for the experience.

At the end of de day I could feel better but the first thing I tough was that I never return to that site. At the moment of the scene  I was hair raising and scared to death therefore I wouldn’t forget any detail of the skill.

Laura Tuset
2n BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment