Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE. Alba B. (1r batx B)


A day never to forget

I can remember that day as if it was yesterday. But really it was 3 years ago. And you will think, what was so important?
I promised to my parents that if they gave me that gift I would be the happiest person in the whole world. And that day arrived.
It was 12 of September of 2009. We were coming back from the village. It was dark in the night. The next day, was the first school day. And with the excuse of buying food for the hamster, they took me to the pet shop. But something different we did that day. We went up to the second floor, where there was no hamster food...! And we started looking at the dogs in the glass boxes.
I had always hated looking at them, so vulnerable inside there. They are prisoners, they are not free. So I was not pleased of just looking and doing nothing. But my parents knew that, what were we doing there?
But a few minutes later, my question would be answered. A clerk came to me with a little dog in her hands, and she gave it to me. All my body was shaking, I was nervous but at the same time, amazed. I didn't know what to do with it in my hands, and my mum said to me: It's yours.
I couldn’t believe my eyes, what was my mum saying?! I was overwhelmed. My father hates dogs, and my mum had always answered to me that a dog in the city was not possible. So what had changed in their minds? That goes back, during the course, I had bet with my father. And obviously I won.
The next step was finding the perfect name for it. It was not easy, I had never thought a name, but we got it, she would be called: Aruka. I don't know why I had chosen it, but everybody loves it, so it would be her name, since then and forever.
It has been my little dog since it was five months. Now it is three years old. And during these three years, we have lived many experiences together. All the nights of darkness, alone at home, scared stiff, she had been there protecting me, keeping me away from my fears.
I can assert that dogs are the best friends of humans.
Finally, days like that one are the days you can’t never forget, and the days that will remain in your memories forever.

ALBA BALLETBÓ
1r batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment