Saturday, April 21, 2012

ITALY 2012. Alba T. (2n batx B)


ITALY, AN EXPERIENCE NOT TO BE MISSED


Have you ever had a memory that you know that will always be present in the list of the best moments in your life? A memory that you are sure that you will never forget? This is the first that comes to my mind every time I think about Italy.

First of all, it is important to take into account the fact that some of us have been going to the school together since we were only three years old. I mean, we have known each other almost since we were born! We have shared lots and lots of moments all together: In class, in school trips, in the playtime... I can not look back to the past without seeing them in all my favourite and unforgettable moments.

Now let’s go to the important part of the composition: Italy’s trip. I remember that I was really nervous the day that we were leaving from Barcelona. We had already done a maths exam which had been a bit hard. Because of the study, I had not been able to prepare all the baggage with the things that I was going to bring with me, so I dare say that the three hours before leaving this city were like a race against the time for me. But finally, the most expected moment arrived. The coach started the engine and everybody there clapped. No parents, no homework, no exams and no studying! Just nine unforgettable days that we were going to remind forever. The first night at the bus was really uncomfortable. I felt that I was like a tetris piece when I was trying to sleep. Fortunately, I was able to sleep above three hours.

Then, we arrived in Italy. Firstly, we visited la Toscana. It took three days of our trip. I had been once in La Toscana before, but it was not a reason to enjoy it as if I had never been there before. We visited Pisa, Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena and Firenze. I really enjoyed the visit to the Campanile of Firenze. I visited it with Judit, Júlia, Cristina and Anna. Going upstairs resulted to be really funny. We felt like gums when some groups were going downstairs and we had to stop to let them pass. We made lots of photos there. I also remember when Anna, Cristina and I went to the gelato which was said to be the best in the world. I had eaten a lot, so I was not going to buy an ice cream. Anna bought one for her, and one of the flavours was molten chocolate. It tasted delicious! I could not resist my chocolate vice and I ended up buying one for me only of molten chocolate.

Three days after of the beginning of the trip, route to Venice, we spent one day in Padua. Padua was pretty nice, I really enjoyed that visit. It is important to say also that it was the first visit to a place which I had never been before. I was really looking forward to it. The travel went on, and we arrived at the hotel. The day that we arrived, when we went to our room after having dinner, we found some ants on the floor. I tried to explain it to the attendant in the hotel, but he didn’t know the meaning of “ants”. Finally he understood when I said “insects” but he thought that I was talking about mosquitoes. It wasn’t until he arrived at our room that he understood what I was referring to.


Next day, we arrived in Venice by “vaporetto”. I really felt in love with Venice, with its gondolas, its channels, its bridges and its masks. I had never seen something like that before. No cars and roads! Just boats and channels. Because of the good weather, we had no doubt to visit the Campanile. The sight of the city was amazing! We could see not only the city, but also some islands far away in the middle of the sea. I took some photos there, because it was a moment that I wanted to immortalize. There, in Venice, I bought some souvenirs for me and my family. In the afternoon, we rented a gondola and spend above half an hour there. It was one of the best experiences of the trip. We asked the gondolier to sing a typical song, but he didn’t do it.

The following day, we visited Burano and Murano. Personally, I enjoyed more Burano than Murano. It was really funny to take photos of the houses in there, every one painted in a different colour than the others. It was pretty cute. Murano was more like going shop by shop trying to find something to buy to my family. But it was very interesting to look how they worked with the glass to make every piece that they sold. In the afternoon, we went back to Venice and made our last visits and walks along the city.

The last day, we visited Verona and Milan. In Verona, we went to Juliet’s house. I wrote in the wall my name and my boyfriend’s name, as it is traditional there. We had lunch there and, at the afternoon, we arrived in Milan. We were exhausted, and our legs weren’t able to continue walking when we finished our dinner. So we went back to the coach, conscious that the night was going to be very long. After hours and hours, we finally were in Barcelona. The trip had arrived to its end.

There is a great deal of things that I want to remind about this trip, but if I have to choose only one, the choice is clear: Nine unforgettable days with all my classmates and my friends. I will ever remind it as one of the best weeks in my life. Next year, when each of us will have taken different ways in our studies, and probably we will be at university, we will remember this trip as the best experience that we have lived all together since we were only kids starting primary school.

Alba Trepat
2n batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment