Thursday, April 19, 2012

ITALY 2012. Ariadna C. (2n batx A)


ITALY’12 A TRAVEL TO REMEMBER

Travelling is something that I love, but the trip 2012 to Italy was really different from the others.  It felt like time stopped, because we were in a different environment, but with the same people, and so we got our minds off studying and we had time to know each other better.
During the trip we did some cultural journeys where we visited the most important sights of each city or village. First of all, I’m going to describe the best places that we had seen

On the first day we visited the Tower of Pisa and some of us went to the Baptistery. After, we visited Lucca, a beautiful village where we biked around it. Next day, we visited Florence, the Galeria dels Uffizzi, Santa Maria Novella, and the Galeria de l’Academia.

I particularly liked some paintings that we saw, because in History of Art we studied some of them. Though in Florence, the thing that impressed me the most was the Church of San Lorenzo. The reason is that I have worked on this and it was really interesting to see that monument. It was bigger than I had imagined.

The following day we went to San Gimigniano. We visited the village and some people went to the Museum of Torture, which was really impressive. There we saw the terrible things that they used to do to people. It had a huge effect to me and my friends, because they used to torture people in horrible and dreadful ways. Afterwards, we went to Siena to visit the Plaça del Campo, Palau Públic and its important cathedral. I didn’t like it a lot, because it was decorated too much and with strange colours.

In Padua we saw Capella Scrovegni, we were really interested because we had studied it in class and we knew the meaning of fresco painting. After that we went to Venice, the city of love. Like the other cities we visited the most important things, but for me the trip with Gondolas was awesome.

The end of our trip was coming with the visits of Verona and Milano. We visited the house of Julieta and l’Arena in Verona, the cathedral of Milano, and we bought the last souvenirs.

I would like to conclude by saying that for me all these days were special and different; each day had good and bad moments but I’ll always remember all the moments as  good (the laughs, the excellent ice-creams, the nights in the hotel and in the discotheque, the long queues, the arguments, the “punishment” of 1 €…). I felt in love with Italy.


Ariadna Cots
2n batx A




No comments:

Post a Comment