Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ITALY 2012. Anna V. (2n batx B)


Italy, a trip to remember

When people talk about Italy, think of a European city, not very big, whose capital is Rome. In my case, not only do I think it, but I also give me special memories. Classmates, teachers and I, were going to spend an unforgettable trip visiting many different places of Italy during 9 days. Despite the cultural character of the trip, also it has helped us get to know people. That is one of the things I liked most of this trip. I’m going to explain some curiosities about every place we have visited, trying to explain outstanding things, because it’s difficult to explain all the experiences we have lived in only a few lines.

The expected trip began a 23rd of March. Our first parade was Pissa. There, we could take the typical photo holding the Tower of Pissa. That afternoon we also visited the city of Lucca where we could contemplate the wonderful environment and futhermore, we could ride a bike during a short period of time. I can not tell much about this day since I was very tired after spending nearly 14 hours sitting in a bus a bit uncomfortable. Judit, my colleague, and I spent the endless hours singing in a Sing Star that a classmate had brought.  

Our second stop was Firenze where we had the first hotel we settled. What can I say about Firenze…? Just amazing. Firenze is one of the places that have more history and culture. Rialto Bridge, Duomo (the cathedral), “Plaza de la Señoría”, are only some examples. There, I could test which is considered the best ice-cream of the world and it was true, it was really delicious.
San Gimignano was another place we could visit. It was a village where we can enjoy the usual environment of “la Toscana”. It wasn’t the place I liked most, but it was nice.

Then, we visited Siena. What I liked most of Siena was their campanile. Only some of us could enjoy their wonderful views. It was well worth. That day I ate the most delicious pizza of the trip. After that, we went to Padova. In Padova we visited the Saint Antoni church which it was not very nice from the outside and it blow my mind when I entered inside. There, I took a cappuccino with fantastic classmates.


And this time travelling by vaporetto, we arrived in Venice. There wasn’t other place that I liked more than Venice. I absolutely loved travelling by gondola enjoying which, for me, was the best place visited. There I took uncountable photos, I walked looking for the only McDonalds in Venice because a friend wanted to have lunch there, and I paid my first fine because I spent 5 minutes looking for a clip which I actually had inside my pocket.

Also travelling by vaporetto, we could visit Burano and Murano. In the first one I saw their colourful houses, I love them. I would like to live in a house painted like them. In the second one, Murano, I went shopping. I loved the famous murano glass, so I bought many different things to give to my family.

Our last day, we visited Verona and Milano. In the first one, we could see their fantastic amphitheater and we had a walk there. We also visited Milano which I don’t know if it’s because I was so tired, but it was the city I liked less. There, I could see their Duomo which is amazing, but the rest of the city haven’t got the charm of other cities such as Firenze or Venice. There, I carried out last shopping and we went to the bus in direction to Barcelona.

Anna Viaplana
2n batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment