Thursday, October 10, 2013

MY FIRST... Ivan E. (1r batx B)

MY FIRST...


The first time I tried to play a ranked match I was terrified. I was trembling. My heart was beating so unbelievably hard that I had thought it would explode. I was pretty close to a heart attack. Or something even worse. I strongly believe that on an oral presentation I would feel WAY more calm. 


That thing happened almost a year ago. I've been able to restore my cardial health (from greek καρδία!) since then, but I still get minor heart attacks each time I try a ranked match. I had the relative safety of my bedroom, but I couldn't relax myself. The worst is when my mate noticed my insecurity. Because I was with one of those horrible guys that don't doubt to mock you as hard as they can, also known as friend (let's face it, a friend can be quite the asshole sometimes...).





I tried my best to relieve myself, but my efforts were in vain. Not even the Great Goddess  λενα Παπαριζου could do much with her angelic voice and her mystic aura. Fortunately, the queue poped soon, so I didn't have to wait a lot. I had gathered my confidence and I accepted to play.




In character selection, I didn't waver to choose mine. I had neutral feelings here, I was still terrified, but since my team looked pretty decent, I found a bit of relief there. My friend was siegeing me with strategies and tactics, but to be honest, I didn't care much. Actually, I wasn't even listening to him. I had better things to check after. Myself, for instance.


And then, the dreaded second came. I entered the game. I was going to play a ranked match. I was going to have a score. I was going to be put somewhere in the ladder. Although we did our best, we lost.  I felt pretty disappointed, but I hadn't been able to do miracles (and unfortunately, the Great Goddess didn't hear my prayers), so it was unavoidable. 


Cuadro de texto:       :(

At least, a thing is true.

"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."

George Edward Woodberry.

And here, a song of the Goddess, if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s-GP8jhUBQ



Iván Espinosa Galán
1r Batx. B


No comments:

Post a Comment