Friday, October 25, 2013

PRACTISING DIALOGUES Cristina P. (2n batx A)

TODAY ON AFTERRYSNOON:

Should the government impose stricter anti-smoking laws?

TERRY: Hello everyone. Today on Afterrysnoon we have a person who has suffered a lot because of this world of smoking and cigarettes. Hi Mara, welcome to the program.

MARA: Hi Terry, thank you so much. I am so pleased to be here.

TERRY: Well, now we all know you had a really bad “smoking-experience”, so tell us, what happened?

MARA: Yes, and that’s why I’m here. I really want to demand a stricter anti-smoking law, and you’ll see why. Two years ago my dad died for a cancer in the lung, because of tobacco and now my husband is in the hospital for the same reason. I hate tobacco. I’m developing a sort of phobia against it.

TERRY: First of all, I’m so sorry. And it’s difficult to ask you this, but do you think that the best idea is to impose stricter anti-smoking laws? I mean, do you believe that these stricter laws are going to change people’s mind about this smoking thing?

MARA: It is so hard to explain it, but I hardly believe that the things won’t go worse.

TERRY: “Won’t go worse”, what do you mean?

MARA: Uh… People won’t be able to smoke in some places where it would be forbidden, so I mean they would smoke less than they do nowadays, and they will get use to it.

TERRY: Yeah, I got you, but don’t you think some people would get mad?

MARA: Well yeah, maybe. But always, at the beginning of something that has changed, there is a group of people that don’t accept the new thing. That’s why I believe we have to try it and see what happen.

TERRY: And if the things go wrong?

MARA: Oh… Then I don’t know… I don’t really know. Maybe I will have to start to believe in God and pray.

TERRY: Well, that’s very sarcastic, but radical at the same time. An interesting ending to this emotive interview. Thank you so much Mara for being with us and good luck.


MARA: Thanks to you, Terry. Keep going on this amazing program and thank you again, thank you.  


CRISTINA PÉREZ
2n BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment