Tuesday, October 15, 2013

MY FIRST ... Maria B. (1r batx B)

MY FIRST…

I’ll always remember my first holiday abroad. It was on July 2nd 2009, my 11th birthday. It had been a really stressful week preparing everything for the trip. I couldn’t believe I was going to London for my very first time, without my parents, during the whole month! My older brother had already gone some years before and he really enjoyed it, so my parents decided to bring me there to improve my English level, as my brother did.

We arrived at the airport at 6 am because the plane was leaving really soon, I remember I had never felt as nervous as I was feeling then. I knew very few people and everyone was older than me. Both my parents were there, and also my sisters but that didn’t relax me at all. Everybody was excited and talking loudly some were even crying but I couldn’t do anything, it was like if my body paralyzed. Until the leaders said my name I hadn't said a word, then I just said goodbye to my family and we left.

Little by little I was feeling more comfortable and once in the plane when all of us were well-sat I began to talk to Blanca, a really nice girl who was sitting next to me and who had been going to London for 3 years. We talked about everything and I could ask her some questions that I had.

After spending an incredibly great time in England it was time to come back home. I still remember that I didn't want to take the return flight because I had met so many new friends and some of them weren’t from Barcelona so it would take a long time until we could meet again, that’s why the last night all the girls slept in the same room and spent almost the whole night talking.

That’s how my first holiday abroad was and I wouldn’t change anything about it.




María Bayona Visiedo

1r Batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment