Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A FRIGHTENING EXPERIENCE Joan O. (1 BATX B)

A HORRIBLE MOMENT IN MY LIFE

I remember that day as if it was yesterday. There was sunshine and the perfect temperature to swim in the pool. In the morning, it seemed like it would be a fabulous day. Beside, Barça was playing against Manchester United in the final of the Champions League. Everybody thought that the Catalan team was the favourite to win the trophy. All things indicated that day would be fantastic and unforgettable. Unfortunately, it was like this.

The bad part began after lunch. I was full because my family and I ate an enormous paella. I would have preferred not to eat that last plate of paella…  After a half an hour, I was feeling like a seal out of the water. I felt very lazy and I just wanted to sleep. So I went to my room, I closed the door and I lowered the Venetian blinds to keep the sunlight out of the room. I had a very satisfactory cat nap.

When I got up, nobody was at home; it was about 6 o’clock so I didn’t care about that. The most probable was that they had gone out for a walk. After I came to understand that this wasn’t possible. It was impossible because, as very late, they always came back before half past seven and it was exactly eight o’clock. I started to be afraid, maybe someone had attacked them, or even worse, they were in a car accident! I was confused; I didn’t know what to do… I tried to contact them but their phones were off. Every second the situation was becoming more worrying and tense… It was about quarter to nine. So I was starting to feel hungry again. It was impossible that they didn’t come back home, my mother had to prepare dinner! Something really wrong was happening

I couldn’t wait any more and I decided to go to the street to find some information or hints about where they could be. When I was opening the door I heard an incredible noise that made me scream of terror. It was a gunshot! I was frightened stiff; I nearly fell to the floor. I closed the door as fast as I could. I just could not wait I was petrified due to the terror. Someone had shot a gun! Maybe, someone had killed my family! I was extremely scared. I was shocked, I couldn’t move any muscles. The only thing that I did was begging. I was crying bitterly, nobody could console me. I stayed two hours like this, and there was no answer from my family.

Finally, I decided that I should be a man and I bit the bullet. I went directly to the entrance door. I wanted to know who had killed my family, I had to be brave, not a coward! My idea was firm, but it changed drastically when I saw the knob jiggling. Someone was trying to enter!

I ran as fast as I could into my room. I hid myself in the wardrobe and I prayed to God. I heard footsteps; they were going to my room! I held my breath…

Someone opened the wardrobe and I screamed. This person got scared too. Then he began to laugh. It was my father, I couldn’t understand anything! He was alive, but why didn’t they come back earlier? It was 12 o’clock!


After I got recovered from the shock, my father explained to me that they were watching Barça football match in a pub. They won and everybody was very happy. Then I realised that the noise that I heard before wasn’t a shot, it was a firework that marked the beginning of the match.

JOAN OLLER
1r BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment