Sunday, October 25, 2015

EL COLLELL 2015 Ricard R. (1 BATX A)

El Colell

This last Wednesday I went to el Collell on a holiday house camp with almost all of my classmates. When the teachers told us about this, I wasn’t very motivated and I was expecting the typical ‘’campus’’ that we did every year on Begues; not hateful but boring and monotonous, but I found it pretty nice and interesting and I’m going to explain most of the things that happened there.

First of all, we went by school bus to Banyoles and we stopped there to eat our sandwiches because it was a long trip. When we arrived there, all the bus was freaking out because they were expecting a normal holiday house like Begues but we saw an enormous building in very good conditions. Once we were there, we went to our rooms to prepare it all and get ready to go to eat and to meet our monitors (they were very nice people, I have to say it). Once we past all this, the entertaining part started.

In that same Wednesday, after having lunch and hearing the monitors explaining how all was going to work and a few rules, we all divided in three groups. We had six activities to do on those three days that were; riding a quad on a little circuit on the mountain and laser tag, walking through levitating logs and jumping down zip lines in a vertical forest and something called group dynamics, and biking through the mountains and participating on an orientation race. On that day, we had to do laser tag and quad, and group 2 and 3 had to do the other activities. Firstly, we went to the mountain were there was a little circuit made of mud and dirt with two quads on it. There, the monitor of Day 1 (a peaceful and patient guy) taught us how to drive the quad and told us that it was very important to slow down on the curves because it was raining and it was all messy and we could harm ourselves. All the pairs that drove the quad did it pretty well, some ones faster and some ones slower, but they were doing nice until Eric and Jordi, and Pol and Gerard had to drive it. I really don’t know what the heck Pol and Gerard did with the quad but they got stuck with a tire on the middle of the circuit and Eric and Jordi didn’t realize that and went at full speed right to them. When they realized that they were going to hit them, Eric swerved aggressively and they dodged Pol and Gerard’s quad but then they were going right to the monitor. The monitor had to avoid the accident jumping away and he was so angry, but to make things worse, they couldn’t stop the quad and they hit the tire wall of the circuit. After that, the monitor didn’t allow the rest of us to do the activity, but he thought that that was unfair and he finally let us do it and it was a very nice experience. After that, we went to Laser Tag but he said that as it was raining, we would do it indoors on the top floor of the house and it was better than the other groups that did it in the forest because they told me that in the forest, the shooting scanner didn’t work correctly but we had so much fun inside the house (and the team where I was, won all the wars hehehe)

On Thursday, we had to go to the vertical forest and to that group dynamics thing with the monitor of Day 2 (the best of the monitors. He was so funny and kind). On the vertical forest we had so much fun because it was so cool and well-made. I went three times before to a vertical forest but this was the best one (the zip lines were shorter than the ones that I went before but the ‘trials’ were so much better and more original). After that, we went to the group dynamics thing, there we ‘didn’t have fun’ because it was a very serious activity made to know us more. The activity consisted of the monitor asking serious questions and you had to go to the right if your answer was yes, to the middle if you didn’t want to answer because it was too much or too private for you and to the left if your answer was no. If you took the activity on a serious way it was a nice and interesting activity but if you didn’t (like some ones) it was disrespectful and made you not want to continue.

On Friday, we had to go biking through the mountains and participating on an orientation race with the monitor of Day 3 (a very serious and quite guy). Firstly we went to the orientation race and it was mediocre, I mean, the activity was nice but there was a lot of mud because the rain of Wednesday and we got so messy. After the race we went to biking through the mountains and in my opinion that was the worst activity because; the bike saddles were painful, returning to the house was all an inclined road and it was hard to pedal, it was cold because of the mixture of wind and velocity and on the end of the road there was a lake and we could bathe in underwear but I couldn’t because I had an underpants with a hole that day (yeah, I’m a lucky guy). When we returned to the house after the activities of Friday, it happened something strange. When we arrived, I found all group 2 sitting on round on a fence and when I went there to see what was happening, I found one of my best friends crying and a lot of people of the group crying too. I was so shocked about what was happening so I asked somebody of the group and he said to me that on the group dynamics activity some of the people of the group couldn’t hold the serious and hard questions and they began to cry. It was a very strange thing that I understood a little bit when we were about to leave because they explained it to me but that was the end of our stay and we returned to Barcelona.

I have brought with me a good and enriching experience and followed by realizing a couple of very nice activities that I liked a lot, apart from knowing my classmates more thanks to the group dynamics activity. It was a very nice trip that I will remember.




Ricard Rodas     1 Batx A   

No comments:

Post a Comment