Monday, October 19, 2015

A FRIGHTENING EXPERIENCE. Lourdes G. (1 BATX A)

THE WOMAN IN THE DARK


I am not one who is frightened easily; but I must tell you my most frightening experience that I have ever lived. I remember that night so clearly and since that day my life has changed a lot because nowadays I have a phobia of being alone walking in dark streets at nights.

I remembered a moonlight night of August when I was walking home on foot. I had to go on foot from my town to another one, they weren’t so far, but I felt a scare because that silent night was the 100 anniversary of the death of a woman by a man who  by the people, was called “the man with the stripped face”.

It was the first night of my whole life that I was alone because my parents were at their friend’s house. They had told me to stay at home, but some friends had asked me an hour before to go out with them to the parties of another town so I couldn’t stay myself at home as I was so excited because the boy who I was in love with was going to that party so I went. The party was fantastic and when I was talking to the boy, he decided to kiss me. Then I decided to return home, but before I had told him that we could be more than friends.

While I was walking, I could hear some noises made by little animals and insects. In the dark, I could see bats. At that moment I started feeling a little bit scared, but that was only the beginning. I saw an old lady on the road walking with a kind umbrella. Her body was covered with a white dress.

I was so exhausted but the frighten that I feel could bring me the energy to continue walking in the dark. I wanted to know why she was there at that time of the late night. I remember in that moment the story of the women that died on that road. I ran as fast as I could and when I arrived home, I could breathe again.


On the next day, I visited that place again to make sure that the woman was a real person and not a ghost. But I could find no footprints there. I didn’t know what I had to think about it so I put it in my mind the idea that the woman wasn’t a ghost and I decided to continue with my life, but I have been so difficult for me to continue as the girl who I used to be until that night.

LOURDES GUILLÉN
1st BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment