Sunday, October 25, 2015

EL COLLELL 2015 Pol S. (1 BATX B)

EL COLLEL 2015: EXPLORE YOUR LIMITS


The last week we went with the school to a very big hostel in the Garrotxa to celebrate the “Jornades Challenge”, a three days- challenging experience. These sessions were programmed to take you the limit and to work teamwork, respect and self-confidence.

All started a Wednesday at 8 o’clock in the morning, when we took a bus to El Collell. We had no idea of what was coming those days in the mountain, because it was the first time that we went to that place. We first stopped to have a snack in the woods. The trees were strange and magical; it seemed like the enchanted forest (like in a fairy tale). After that, we went straight to the house. The monitors were waiting for us. As soon as we arrived, the sports and communication started. There was like a community area with ping-pong tables, and a table soccer, badminton rackets, cards, chess…Actually, I remember I was surprised because there were lots of activities. That same afternoon we went on cycling. Just when we were about to begin, it started raining. First, I believed that the monitors would cancel the activity, but it wasn’t like this at all. We did a two-hours cycling route while it was raining (you should have seen my trousers, the seemed a neoprene). With that we realized how these three days would be: extreme.

The second day was quite less high-demanding. At the morning we had a laser tag activity, a battle with laser guns, that was great (even thought the guns didn’t work well). And later, we drove some quads in pairs, in a field full of clay. Just to make it clear, I have to say that these “Jornades Challenge” were dirty, very dirty. We always ended the activities muddy or soaked. In the afternoon, we were supposed to do a route inside the river (laughs). Obviously, that activity was cancelled. Instead, we did a guidance route (that wasn’t easy, I have to say). We ended the route soaked and muddy. I remember Anna, that was in my group, saying: I’m sure this is military camp: battles, guns, extreme routes and muddy quads (laughs again). By the night there was a disco, and we really had fun dancing (even thought there were teachers looking at us all the time)

For me, the most interesting day was the last one. I think it was because, even we know each other since a lot of time, in these situations where you live with that person there days and you do all with that person, new friendships come to the surface. In our activity group (that were like 20 of us) these was exactly what happened. In the morning, we packet our things and we did our last self-confidence activity: climbing and heights (what we called “Bosc Animat”). I have to say that I was really scared because I’m a little bit afraid of height, but at the end I made it! Later we did a group therapy and connection activity. That was the most emotional and happy memory of all the sessions. The activity was really easy and difficult at the same time. The monitor was going to ask us questions and there were three options: yes, no, and I don’t know/don’t answer. The questions were really deep and emotional and he did really well. At the end we all ended crying because we realized that all had problems and most of them were in common, very similar. For once in forever, twenty persons of the same school listened ones to the others. We all were touched.

I really enjoyed this experience, because I made friends in classmates, and classmates in people I cannot handle with. The best three “school days” ever!  (laughs again)    


POL SANUY
1 BATX B


No comments:

Post a Comment